Youth Farm Stands
The Denver Youth Farm Stand Coalition, a joint project between Slow Food Denver and Denver Urban Gardens, supports metro area schools in hosting their own youth farm stand. Schools receive market training and supplies. The coalition also provides distribution for supplementary produce from local Colorado farms to each farm stand. For more information about how your school can participate contact email@example.com to get started.
You can find more details in the Youth Farm Stand Toolkit.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][image_with_animation image_url=”896″ animation=”Fade In” img_link_target=”_self”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]
- 9,272 pounds of produce purchased from local farms
- 1,434 pounds of school-raised produce used in the markets
- 430.4 pounds sold from the school garden
- 63 Youth Farm Stands in 2016 & 70 in 2017
- 10 cooking demos
- 1 Youth Farm Stand Toolkit
Looking to have your school participate?