Colorado Sunshine Smoothie
Recipe by: Sara Parsons, Nutrition and Culinary Intern, Slow Food Denver
½ local* cantaloupe, chopped
2 local* pears, chopped
2 local* apricots, quartered
3 local* peaches, chopped
1 Cup water, local* dairy milk, or preferred milk alternative
Enough ice to thicken
- Prepare the cantaloupe by first slicing the melon in half. Take one half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon and discard them. Next, slice the half of the cantaloupe into thirds or quarters. Remove the rind/skin of the melon and chop the meat into medium-large cubes.
- Prepare the remaining fruits being sure to remove and discard pits, seeds, and stems.
- Place all chopped fruit into a blender.
- Pour in the cup of water, local dairy milk, or milk alternative.
- Add enough ice to thicken to your desired consistency, starting with a cup and adding more as needed.
Note: Feel free to bulk up this smoothie with your favorite protein powder.