By Steve Sarin, Public Relations Intern, Slow Food Denver America lost 93 percent of its native food seed stands over the last 100 years, but a local company is dedicated to reversing the trend. Seeds Trust Inc., founded in in 1984, dedicates itself to the philosophy…
Formerly known as the Eat Local Challenge, Slow Food Denver is reinventing it’s annual September fundraiser as the Celebrate Local Campaign, a way to celebrate Colorado growers, producers and food purveyors while raising awareness of the many benefits of buying and eating locally grown.
By making local food choices you help build a strong local economy, reduce your environmental impact, and build meaningful connections in your community.
Throughout the month of September Slow Food Denver will provide resources on how to eat, shop and live locally. We will also host a variety of events to engage with Slow Food at different levels including:
- A Celebrate Local brunch at Fruition
- A Celebrate Local dinner at Citizen Rail
- A Celebrate Local social at The Kitchen
Stay tuned for dates and more details on how to attend!
Wondering how to find your local eating essentials? Slow Food Denver will assemble Colorado made Harvest Baskets as part of the Celebrate Local Fundraiser! Baskets will vary on size and contents based on donation ($100-$250).
This bag will include local:
- Produce from Denver Botanic Gardens, Ela Family Farms, and more!
- Cheeses from Moon Hill Dairy
- Pickled goods from the Good Jar
- Cured Meats from il porcelino salumi
- Yoghurt from Noosa
- Peanut butter from Justin’s Nut Butter
- Coupon for $4 off Polidori Sausage
- Cereal from Lovegrown
- Granola from Purely Elizabeth
- Crackers from 34 Degrees
- Hot Sauce from Chiporro and Merf’s Condiments
- Sunflower oil from Colorado Mills
- Pasta from Pappardelle’s
- Chocolate from Fortuna Chocolate
- Local seeds from the Seeds Trust
- Tea from TeaKoe
- Beer from The Great Divide
- Cider from Stem Ciders
- Wine from the Infinite Monkey Theorem
- Sipping Vinegars from Dram Apothecary
- Jerky from Centennial Cuts
- Preserves from Primo Specialty Foods
- Heirloom Wheat Baguette from Moxie Bread Co.
- Butter from Epicurean Butter
- Coffee from Method Coffee Roasters
- Pantry staples like oil and grains
- And more!