About Slow Food Denver
Slow Food is a global, grassroots movement founded in Italy over thirty years ago. Today, it is present in over 160 countries, with about 150 chapters in the United States. Slow Food inspires individuals and communities to change the world through food that is good, clean and fair for all.
Seeking dramatic and lasting change in the local food system, Slow Food Denver reconnects the Front Range communities with the people, traditions, plants, animals, fertile soils and waters that produce our food.
We believe that our everyday choices, starting with what we eat and feed others, can contribute to a better future for the generations to come.
Our Vision in Action
- We educate eaters about what good food is and why it matters.
- We champion local growers by validating their values, amplifying their voices, sharing their stories and connecting them with eaters.
- We support good food producers to inspire best practices and empower their success.
- We advocate for policies that serve our communities and lay the foundation needed to make good, clean and fair food accessible to everyone.
Slow Food Denver is an organization working for change, we focus our work around the five following principles.
- Cultivating community and connection
- Restoring biodiversity
- Celebrating food cultures
- Defending social and economic equality
- Protecting the environment